The NCESS screening committee has applied the following procedure to shortlist the candidates who had submitted online application for the 11 positions under 4 Post code viz. Scientific Assistant (Grade-C), Scientific Assistant (Grade-A), Technician Grade A & Coordinator. These applications primarily qualified by fulfilling the basic criteria notified in the advertisement and were subjected to further scrutiny and short-listed using the following criteria.
(1) For the Post Code-1 Scientific Assistant (Grade-C), 75% marks in the M.Sc./M.Tech degree (desirable qualification) as the minimum cut-off limit along with relevant experience of minimum 3 years in remote sensing is considered.
(2) For screening under the Post Code-02 Scientific Assistant (Grade-A), the details of experience relevant to the following are considered.
- Experience in handling Geophysical equipment.
- Experience in handling sophisticated analytical equipment like XRD/SEM, knowledge on methods of scientific data processing and data interpretation.
- Working Experience in biological analysis of water and sediment samples.
- Experience in routine sample digestion, solution preparation and column separation work.
- Experience in spectroscopic applications for geological samples.
- Software development skills in open source technology and digital database management.
- Experience in graphics and electronic publishing.
- Experience in service & maintenance of Electrical Installations, DG set, transformer with not less 250 KVA, AMF Panels, air conditioning systems etc.
(3) For screening under the Post Code -03 Technician (Grade-A), the relevant experience as per the desirable criteria given in the advertisement is considered.
(4) For screening under the Post Code-04 Coordinator, the relevant experience of minimum 5 years is considered.
In general, if any relevant documents are missing in the online application for verification, those applications are not considered.