CESS Library has 5663 books covering a wide range of subjects like Geography, Geology, Atmospheric Science, Environmental Science, Computer & IT, Marine Science, Chemical Science, Geomatics etc. The collection is built in a systematic way in tune with the R&D programmes of CESS. The Library collection is enriched by an exclusive gift collection from Prof. C. Karunakaran (GSI) and Prof. K.R. Ramanathan (PRL) which include books, back volumes, journals, memoirs, records, bulletins, conference proceedings etc.
Library subscribe to the online database ‘keralastat.com’. This site provide comprehensive Kerala-specific socio-economic statistical facts and figures culled from various secondary authentic sources The statistical data have been qualitatively analysed, condensed and presented in a user friendly format. Facility has been arranged in the Library to download data from this source.
Library subscribes to both Indian and International Journals. In addition, few journals are received as gratis
- Current Labour Reports
- Current Science
- DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology
- Disaster & Development
- Down to Earth
- Geographical Review of India
- India Green File
- Indian Geological Congress Bulletin
- Indian Journal of Marine Sciences
- Journal of Agrometeorology
- Journal of Biosciences
- Journal of Chemical Sciences
- Journal of Earth System Science
- Journal of Geophysics
- Journal of Marine and Atmospheric Research
- Journal of the Geological Society of India
- Journal of the ISRS – PHOTONIRVACHAK
- Linux for You
- Proceedings: Andhrapradesh Akademi of Sciences
- Proceedings: Mathematical Sciences
- Regional Symbiosis
- Scientific American-India
- South Asia Green File
- The Green Portal
- The Indian Mineralogist
- The Journal of Indian Geophysical Union
- Annals of the Association of American Geographers
- Earth & Planetary Science Letters
- Environmental Geology
- Environmental Impact Assessment Review
- Geochemica et Cosmochemica Acta
- Geophysical Research Letters
- Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology
- Journal of Coastal Research
- Journal of Petrology
- Marine Geology
- National Geographic Magazine
- Review of Scientific Instruments
Old issues of journals are bound and kept as separate section. These are arranged alphabetically to facilitate easy retrieval. This collection consists of 1833 bound volumes. Holding List is available for browsing this collection
Library has a good collection of Technical Reports prepared by Scientific Community of the CESS. The project for digitization of these reports is progressing.
Proceedings and E-Proceeding
Proceedings of different conferences as available in the Library in the form of books and CD.
Reprints of articles published by CESS Scientists in different journals are collected and kept in bound condition. This collection consists of articles published during the period 1981-2004.
Library has full text articles of e-journals to which the Library has access. These can be browsed inside the Library. In addition, trial access to full text contents of journals is enabled and informed users from time to time.
Few Reports of Projects conducted by CESS Scientists are available in the Library. These are integrated with the Library software and can be searched by using different key words like titles, author etc.
DVD / VCD Collection
Library has a good collection of DVDs and VCDs of different thematic films on environmental related topics
CD ROM Database
Library has the CD Database – GEOBASE which can be access in the Library premises.. This is single user database which contains abstracts of articles from Elsevier covering the period of 1994-2004
Maps & Atlas
This collection include ocean atlas, climate atlas, social and economic atlas, tourist atlas, census atlas, irrigation atlas, atlas of forest etc.
Bulletins & News Letters
Library receives Bulletins and News Letters in Earth Science related areas. In addition, News Letters of different Government bodies are also available in the Library
Annual Reports of different R&D organisations, institutes etc are displayed in the Library.