Dr. K.K.Ramachandran Ph.D.
Scientist F, Coastal Processes (CoP)
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||1993, Marine Sciences, Cochin University of Science & Technology.|
|M.Sc.||:||1982, Marine Geology, First Rank, Cochin University.|
- 2015 – present Scientist-F and Scientist-in-charge, Coastal Regulation Zone Lab, National Centre for Earth Science Studies, Akkulam, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
- 2011(June) -2015(June) Member Secretary,Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, SasthraBhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- 2009(October) – 2011(June) Scientist F/ Head of Division of Central Geomatics Lab, Centre for Earth Science Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, kerala.
- 2008(November) -2009(October) Project Manager, Shaw Arabia Ltd., Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 2008(September) –2008 (October) Scientist F, Centre for Earth Science Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India
- 2007(September) –2008 (September) GIS Expert in Technical Support Unit of Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project, GIS Expert in Technical Support Unit of Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project
- 1983(February) –2007 (September) Scientist B / Scientist C / Scientist EI / Scientist EII/Scientist F, Centre for Earth Science Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India
- Senior Research Associateship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR),Govt. of India.(2009-2010).
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI), British Council.(2008-2009).
- Research Associateship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India.(2005-2008).
- Senior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) ,Govt. of India.(2002-2004).
- Junior Research Fellowship, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India,(1999-2002).
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- Life Member of Indian Society of Remote Sensing
- Life Member of Kerala Academy of Science
- Fellow, Kerala Academy of Sciences
Training Programs attended:
- Participated in scientific cruises in the northwestern Indian Ocean onboard
- R V Gaveshani
- ORV SagarKanya
- FORV SagarSampada
- Digital image analysis of satellite remote sensing data at Regional Remote Sensing Servicing Centre, Bangalore.
- Digital processing of OCM and LISS III/PAN data using ERDAS at Space Application Centre, Ahmedabad
- Undergone training in Desktop Mapping with Imagine Orthobase Pro and Stereo Analyst conducted by ERDAS India, Hyderabad.
- Undergone training in processing and interpretation of hyperspectral remote sensing data at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Marine Sciences
- Marine Geology
- Coastal Zone Management
- Coastal Wetlands
- Geoinformtics & GIS