Dr. Unnikrishnan C.K
Scientist B, Atmospheric Processes (AtP)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511671
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||2014, Physics, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, A.P, India|
|M. Tech.||:||2009, Atmospheric sciences, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, India|
|M.Sc.||:||2006, Physics, Calicut University, Kerala, India|
|2016||-||present||Scientist B, National Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2013||-||2016||Project Scientist-C, National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF), ESSO-MoES, Govt. of India, Noida-62, U.P, India.|
|2009||-||2013||Research fellow, National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Gadanki, A.P, India.|
Areas of Interests:
Atmosphere modeling, Land surface modeling and remote sensing, Thunderstorm studies.
- Received NARL-ISRO Junior Research Fellowship (2009-2011).
- Received NARL-ISRO Senior Research Fellowship (2011-2013).
- WMO-WCRP research travel grant (2013).
- APEC Climate Centre (South Korea) travel grant (2012).
- CSIR-UGC’s NET in Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences (2010).
- CSIR-UGC’s NET in Physics (2007).
- Associate: Committee on Space Research (COSPAR) (Since 2012).
- Member: AsiaFlux (Since 2015)
- SPIE Asia-Pacific Remote sensing pre-symposium tutorials. 2 - 3 April 2016, New Delhi.
- WMO/WCRP, International workshop, 13-16 May 2013, Meteo France, Toulouse, France.
- APEC Climate Centre Training program 2012, 19-30 November 2012, APCC, Busan, South Korea.
- WMO 6th International Verification Methods Workshop, 17-19 March, MoES, New Delhi.
- ICTS (TIFR) International program on Dynamical modeling, 18-23 Feb. 2013, NARL, Department of Space, Gadanki.
- Special course on Satellite Observations and Products for Agro Meteorological Applications, 01-05 Dec. 2014, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing(IIRS), ISRO, Dehradun, India.
- Training course on Dynamic data assimilation: methods and algorithms, 23 July-3 August, 2012, NCMRWF, Govt. of India, Noida, India.
- Workshop and training on Atmospheric Modeling for weather and climate studies, 22 June-3 July, 2010, Andhra University, A.P, India.
- SERC School on global warming and climate change, 1-21 Dec. 2010, IITM, Pune, India.
- Attended airborne research campaign with UK Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements(FAAM) aircraft, 6-10 July 2016, Lucknow, India.
- Involved in MST RADAR research campaign in National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Dept. of Space, India (2009-2013).