Dr. Sreelash K
Scientist B,Natural Resources and Environmental Management (NREM)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511646
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||2014, Water Resources and Environmental Engg., Dept. of Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore|
|ME||:||2009, Hydrology and Water Resources Engg., Centre for Water Resources, College of Engg, Guindy, Chennai|
|BE||:||2005, Civil Engineering, Anna University, Chennai.|
|2016(Aug)||-||present||Scientist B, National Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2016(Feb)||-||2016(Aug)||Research Engineer @ INRA, Avignon, France.|
|2014||-||2016(Jan)||Post-Doctoral Researcher @ INRA, Avignon, France.|
|2006(Sep)||-||2007(Aug)||Lecturer @ Amal Jyothi College of Engg. Kanjirappally, Kerala.|
|2005(July)||-||2007(Sep)||Lecturer @ Royal College of Engg. Thrissur, Kerala.|
- Post-Doctoral Research grant from CNES, France (Feb 2014 to Jan 2016).
- Visiting research fellow at INRA, Rennes, France, (May 2012 to July 2012).
- Visiting research fellow at INRA, Avignon, France, (Feb 2013 to March 2013).
- Fellowship to pursue PhD in Indian Institute of Science from Ministry of Human Resources Development, India.
- Gold Medalist and First Rank in Master of Engineering (Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering) from Centre of Water Resources, College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, India for the year 2009.
- Recipient of Dr. Jayasekar Endowment award for the “Best Outgoing Student in Master of Engineering (Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering)” from College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai, India for the year 2009.
- 3-day-training on Virtual laboratory environment (VLE) - a platform for coupling models (25/11/2011 to 27/11/2011) @ INRA, Toulouse, France.
- 3-day training on STICS crop model (01/04/2014 to 03/04/2014) @ INRA, Laon, France.
- 5-day-training on STICS crop model and RECORD Platform (a platform for coupling models) (13/10/2014 to 17/10/2014) @ NBSSLUP, Bangalore, India.
- 3-day training on writing scientific articles (09/03/2015 to 11/03/2015) @ INRA, Sophia Antipolis, France.
- 3-day training on ‘Introduction to R’ (15/12/2015 to 17/12/2015) @ INRA, Avignon, France.
- 3-day training on ‘Statistical treatment of data with R’ (12/01/2016 to 14/01/2016) @ INRA, Avignon, France.
- 3-day training on ‘Advanced R’ (21/06/2016 to 23/06/2016) @ INRA, Avignon, France.
- Critical zone characteristics of selected watersheds of Western Ghats, (2016, Ongoing) at NCESS.
- RUEdesSOLS – Estimation of the soil Available Water Content by direct measurements and crop-model inversion, from the plot to the territory scales. (2015 to 2017), ANR (L'Agence nationale de la recherche), France.
- Spatial distribution of soil hydrological properties on a watershed of South India from remote sensing data and crop model inversion. (2014 to 2016). Funded by CNES (French Space Agency), France.
- AICHA, Adaptation of Irrigated Agriculture to Climate Change. Indo-French Project funded by CEFIPRA. (2013- 2016), IISc, Bangalore/INRA, France.
- Estimation of soil hydraulic properties in a catchment using agro-hydrological models and microwave remote sensing. Funded by ISRO-STC (2013 -2014), IISc, Bangalore.