Dr. V. Nandakumar Ph.D.
Scientist F, Group Head, Crustal Processes (CrP)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511622
Phone(Res) : 0471-2490925
Fax : 0471-2442280
- Nandakumar. V. and Santosh. M (1990) CO2 rich fluid inclusion in cordierites; Constrains on granulite genesis. Proceedings of Indian Science Congress (Culcutta, 1990), pp.22-23.
- Nandakumar, V., Santosh, M. and Yoshida. M (1991) Decompression granulites of southern Kerala, south India: Microstructure and Mineral Chemistry. Journal of Geosciences (Osaka), vol.34 (1991) pp.119-145.
- Santosh, M., Nandakumar,V., Jackson, D.H. and Yoshida. M (1991) Multiple entrapment of CO2 in deep crustal cordierites. Journal of Mineralogy, Petrology and Economic Geology, vol.86 (1991), PP. 116-120
- Santosh, M., Yoshida, M. and Nandakumar, V (1991) Fluid characteristics across a gneiss – charnockite reaction front in Sri. Lanka: Implications for granulite formation in the Gondwanian deep crust. Journal of Mineralogy, Petrology and Economic Geology, vol.86, pp 27-44
- Santosh, M., Jackson. D. H., Yoshida. M. and Nandakumar. V. (1991) Cordierite grranulites of Sri Lanka and southern India: Evidences for decompression and CO2 influence into the deep crust. Abstracts of International Field Workshop and seminar on ‘Composition and Evolution of high-grade geniss terrains’ (Kandy Sri Lanka: 1991) pp.60
- Santosh, M., Kagami, H., Yoshida, M. and Nandakumar.V. (1992) Pan-African charnockite formation in east Gondwana: Geochronologic (sm-Nb and Rb-Sr) and petrogenetic constraints. Bulletin of Indian Geologists’ Association, vol. 25 pp.1-10.
- Nandakumar. V. and Suresh Babu D. S. (1997) Surface features on Garnet from Different Sources: Observations from South Kerala, India. Journal of Geological Survey of India. vol. 50, pp. 95-101 (1997).
- Suresh Babu D. S., Nandakumar V., Padmalal D., Ramakrishnan C. Implication of slope failures in Bioreserves: A case study from Neyyar Catchment, Kerala. Abstracts, National Seminar on Landslides in Western Ghats, CESS August, 1995.
- Nandakumar. V. (1996) Low density Carbondioxide in deep crustal cordierites: Implications for low pressure granulite formation. Indian Journal of Geochemistry, vol. 11, pp. 27-36
- Nandakumar. V (1996) The cordierite and orthopyroxene bearing charnockites of Nellikala, Trivandrum block, southern India. Gondwana Research Group Memoir-3: The Archean and Proterozoic terrains in Southern India within East Gondwana Field Science Publishers, Osaka pp.333-340.
- Suresh Babu. D. S., Nandakumar, V., John. B., Jayaprasad, B.K. and Pramod, S.V. (2000) Siltation analysis in the Neyyar reservoir and forest degradation in its catchment: a study from Kerala Sate- India. Environmental Geology – V-39, No. 3-4 , pp 390-397(Jan – 2000)
- Suresh Babu, D.S., Nandakumar,V. and Padmalal, D. (2000) Analysis of land, soil and water in the Neyyar wildlife sanctuary, South Kerala. Proceedings of the 12th Kerala Science Congress, January 2000. Pp. 57-62.(in press during the period 1-1-99 to 31-12-99)
- Nandakumar, V and Harley, S. L (2000) A reappraisal of Pressure – Temperature conditions and P-T path of the Kerala Khondalite Belt Journal of Geology, V-108, No.6, pp 687- 705.
- Nandakumar, V., Rajendran, P. and Narendra Babu, K. (2001) Effect of Monoculture Plantations on the Physico-chemical Characteristics and Fertility Status of the Forest Soils of the Periyar Tiger Reserve, Kerala India in “Advances in Land Resources Management of 21st Century” pp. 237-252. Published by Soil Conservation Society of India
- Nandakumar, V., Rajendran, P. and Narendra Babu, K. (2001) “Characterization of Soils in the sholas of Idukki and Wynad districts” Chapter – 2 in the book Shola Forests of Kerala Environmental and Bio-diversity – pp. 25-70. Published by Kerala Forest Department and Kerala Forest Research Institute.
- Nandakumar, V., Rajendran, P., Ajith Kumar, C. E., Abdul Hakkim, V. A. and Raju. K. (2004) “Modelling sediment yield from the microwatersheds of Western Ghats” Journal of Soil and Conservation – Volume 3, No. 3&4, December 2004, page No. 169-179.
- Abdul Hakkim, V.A., Nandakumar.V.and Sajeena. (2004) “Run off variation due to the landuse change in small watersheds of Western Ghats” Journal of Soil and Conservation – Volume 3, No. 3&4, December 2004, page No. 99-105.
- Nandakumar, V. and Sidharthan, S (2004)“Economic & Social security for tribals through sustainable agriculture in the Western Ghats”– Paper presented in the workshop on “Poverty reduction strategies for hilly areas of Western Ghats” at the National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad.