Scientist G, Group Head, Coastal Processes (CoP)
Phone(Off) : 0471- 2511660
Phone(Res) : 0471- 2593879
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||1992, Marine Geology, Mangalore University|
|M.Sc.||:||1981, Marine Geology, University of Mysore,|
|Thesis||:||Studies on texture, mineralogy and geochemistry of the different environments of SW coast of India with particular reference to black sand deposition|
|July,2016||-||Present||Scientist G & Director, National Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2010||-||2016||Scientist G, National Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2004||-||2010||Scientist F, Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|1999||-||2004||Scientist E2, Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|1994||-||1999||Scientist E1, Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|1988||-||1994||Scientist C, Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|1983||-||1988||Scientist B, Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|1982||-||Field Geologist, Geomysore Services, Geological Consultants, Bangalore|
Areas of Interests:
Beach and Coastal Processes, Placer Mineral Deposits, Coastal Evolution and Anthropocene
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life Member, Geological Society of India (Since 1983)
- Member, Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Ahmedabad (Since 2008)
- Member, Referees’ Panel, Indian Journal of Marine Sciences
- Corresponding Member, IGCP-274 on SLR during Quaternary period (1991-1992)
- Member, International Association of Sedimentologist, Belgium (since 2011)
- Member, Current Science, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore (Since 2011)
- Onboard training in the research vessel `ORV Sagara Kanya’ of Dept. of Ocean Development, Govt. of India in the central Indian Ocean (1985).
- Management and Conservation of Marine Resources (1987), International Ocean Institute, Malta.
- Digital image processing technique with special reference to coastalsystems, Dec, 1992 at Regional Remote Sensing Service Centre, Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Bangalore.
- Awareness workshop on Accelerator Mass Spectrometry at Institute of Physics, Bhuvaneshwar during August 10-14. 1998.
- Training on Digital Image Processing Techniques at SAC, Ahmedbad during July 1999.
- Usage of Sophisticated Analytical Facility in Inter institutional collaborative project, University of Waikato, New Zealand, 2001