Dr. Unnikrishnan C.K
Scientist B, Atmospheric Processes (AtP)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511671
Fax : 0471-2442280
In Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Unnikrishnan C.K, Biswadip Gharai, Saji Mohandas, Ashu Mamgain, E.N. Rajagopal, G. R. Iyengar and P. V. N Rao, 2016: Recent changes on land use/land cover over Indian region and its impact on the weather prediction using Unified model, Atmospheric Science Letters (Wiley), Vol 17, 4., pp 294-300.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, Abhishek Lodh , Devesh Maurya, Swapan Mallick, John P. George, EN Rajagopal and Saji Mohandas, 2016: Comparison of two high resolution gridded soil moisture products over India, Journal of Earth System Sciences (Springer), Vol.125, 5, pp 935-944.
- Ashu M, Unnikrishnan C.K, E.N Rajagopal, 2016: Recent land-use land-cover changes and their impact on the evolution and structure of thunderstorms in New Delhi, Proc. SPIE (Remote Sensing and Modeling of the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Interactions VI),Vol. 9882, doi:10.1117/12.2223602, pp 1-6.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M Rajeevan and S Vijaya Bhaskara Rao, 2016: Impact of high resolution land surface initialization in Indian monsoon simulation using a regional climate model, Journal of Earth System Science (Springer), Vol.125, 4, pp 677-689.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M Rajeevan and SVB Rao, 2015: A study on the role of land-atmosphere coupling on the south Asian monsoon climate variability using a regional climate model, Theoretical and Applied Climatology (Springer), 1-16, doi: 10.1007/s00704-015-1680-y.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M Rajeevan, S Vijaya Bhaskara Rao and Manoj Kumar, 2013: Development of a High Resolution Land Surface Data set for the South Asian monsoon region, Current Science, Vol 105, 9, pp 1235-1246.
- M Rajeevan, Unnikrishnan C.K and Preeti Bhaskar, 2012: Evaluation of the ENSEMBLES multi-model seasonal forecasts of Indian summer monsoon variability, Climate Dynamics (Springer), Volume 38, Numbers 11-12 (2012), 2257-2274.
- M. Rajeevan, Unnikrishnan C.K, Jyoti Bhate, K. Niranjan Kumar and P. P. Sreekala, 2012: Northeast Monsoon over India: Variability and Prediction, Met. Apps. (Wiley), 19, 226–236, doi: 10.1002/met.1322.
- Jyoti Bhate, Unnikrishnan C.K and M. Rajeevan, 2012: Regional Climate simulation of the 2009 Indian summer monsoon, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics (ISSN: 0367-8393), Vol. 41, Aug 2012, 488-500.
- M. Rajeevan, P. Rohini, K. Niranjan Kumar, J. Srinivasan and Unnikrishnan C.K, 2013: A study of vertical cloud structure of the Indian summer monsoon using CloudSat data, Climate Dynamics (Springer), Volume 40, Issue 3-4, pp 637-650.
Research reports/Conference proceedings/presentations
- Unnikrishnan C.K, Saji Mohandas and E.N. Rajagopal, 2016, Documentation of the Land Surface Scheme in NCMRWF Unified Model, NCMRWF Technical report, No. NMRF/TR/05/2016, 1-69.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, Ashu Mamgain, Biswadip Gharai, Saji Mohandas, E.N. Rajagopal, P. N. V. Rao and G. R. Iyengar, 2015: Impact of Land use Land cover on Severe Weather Predictions with NCMRWF Unified Model, TROPMET 2015.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, Abhishek Lodh, Devesh Maurya, SwapanMallick, John P. George and E.N. Rajagopal, 2015: Comparison of Unified Model Soil Moisture Analysis with NRSC Derived Soil Moisture and IMD Observations, TROPMET 2015.
- Abhishek Lodh, Unnikrishnan C.K , John P George and E. N. Rajagopal, 2015: Impact of ISRO vegetation on EKF based Land-Data Assimilation System for NCUM at NCMRWF, National Climate change conference, 2-3 July 2015, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M. Rajeevan and S Vijaya Baskara Rao, 2014: Impact of high resolution land data initialization in the seasonal and sub-seasonal prediction of Indian summer monsoon rainfall, INTROMET-2014, SRM University, 2014.
- M Rajeevan and Unnikrishnan C.K, 2014: Monsoon and Land surface processes, PROWSES, pp 72-73.
- Unnikrishnan C.K and E.N. Rajagopal, 2014: Evaluation of JULES land surface model with LASPEX dataset, WMO 6th International Verification Methods Workshop, New Delhi, India, March, 2014.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M. Rajeevan and S Vijaya Baskara Rao, 2014: Land - Atmosphere coupling over the Indian monsoon region in a regional climate model, INTROMET-2014, SRM University.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M. Rajeevan and S Vijaya Baskara Rao, 2013: Seasonal forecast skill of the Indian summer monsoon in the ENSEMBLES coupled models, WCRP/WMO, International workshop on seasonal to decadal prediction, Toulouse, France, 13 -16 May 2013.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M. Rajeevan and S. Vijaya Bhaskara Rao, 2012: Role of Green vegetation fraction in land surface processes over Indian summer monsoon region, 39th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, ISSN 1815-2619.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, M. Rajeevan and S. Vijaya Bhaskara Rao, 2012: Variability of sensible and latent heat flux simulated over Indian summer monsoon region using a land data assimilation system, National Space Science Symposium -2012, PS1-106, Page-59, and ISBN: 978-93-81899-01-04.
- Unnikrishnan C.K, Malleswara Rao. M , M Rajeevan and S Vijaya Bhaskara Rao, 2012: Sensitivity of Green Vegetation Fraction in Land Surface Processes over South East Peninsular India, AP Science Congress-2012, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Unnikrishnan C. K, Kiran Salunke, D A Ramu, Ojha Sayantani, P K Theja, Rana Sapna, Shewale Swati, 2012: Development of a statistical model for Indian summer monsoon prediction and it’s skill comparison with GCM, APEC Climate Center Training program 2012, Busan, Republic of Korea, Nov.2012(http://www.apcc21.org/eng/acts/op/japcc0206_viw.jsp).
- M. Rajeevan, Unnikrishnan C.K., Pai, 2012 : Long Range Forecasting of the Indian summer monsoon, OCHAMP-2012, IITM, Pune, India, 21-25 Feb. 2012.
- Malleswara Rao M, Unnikrishnan C.K and M Rajeevan, 2012: Synoptic Features of Heat Wave Events over Indian Region, AP Science Congress-2012, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- M S Narayanan, M. Rajeevan, Jyoti Bhate, Unnikrishnan C.K., M. Ravichandran, Hasibur Rahman, Siva Reddy, 2010: A Training Technique for Improved Estimation of Satellite Derived Rainfall Products over the Indian Land Mass, National Space Science Symposium-2010, Rajkot, India.
- Suresh Raju. C, Unnikrishnan C.K, Korak Saha, K. Krishnamoorthy, 2009: Parameterizing Microwave Emissivity of the Indian Desert Region, 5th International Conference on Microwaves, Antenna, Propagation and Remote Sensing (ICMARS-2009), 19th – 21st December 2009.
- M Rajeevan, Amit Kesarkar, Jyoti Bhate, Unnikrishnan C.K., and M.Venkatratnam, 2010: Skill of short-range forecasts for vertical profile of winds over the SHAR region: A brief report, National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Dept. of Space, Gadanki, Research Report No NARL/WCRG/1/2010.
- M. Rajeevan, Amit Kesarkar, Jyoti Bhate, Unnikrishnan C.K., Madhu Latha, and Sreeram Mahesh, 2009: Development of a Real Time Short-range Weather Forecasting System and its verification during the 2009 Southwest Monsoon Season, WCRG report, National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Dept. of Space, and Research Report No. NARL/WCRG/2/2009.