Criteria Adopted for Short Listing the Candidates for the Interview againist Advt.No.NCESS/01/2016 dated 12.05.2016
Short Listed Candidates for the Posts Of Scientific-Technical And Administrative Staff Against Advt.No.NCESS/01/2016
Short Listed Candidates against Advt.No.NCESS/01/2016 dated 13/5/2016 for the Posts Of Scientific Assistant Grade C , Scientific Assistant Grade A , Technician Grade A, and Coordinator Grade III. Interview dates will be intimated shortly.
Selection of Senior Consultants against Advt.No.NCESS/05/2016
Expression of interest (EOI) for Senior Consultants
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Senior Consultant on contract basis in NCESS
Walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Personnel
NCESS conducts a walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Personnel on temporary basis for various projects implemented by the Centre.
Walk-in-interview for the selection of Hindi Translator and Hindi Typist on contract basis
NCESS conducts a walk-in-interview for the selection of Hindi Translator and Hindi Typist on contract basis.
Recruitment of Project Personnel in NCESS against Advt. No. NCESS/04/2016
The ESSO-NCESS invites online applications for contract positions from interested, eligible and perspective candidates of Indian Origin for filling up of 03 (Three) posts of Research Associate, 01 (One) post of Junior Research Fellow, 08 (Eight) posts of Project Assistant II and 05 (five) posts of Project Assistant I.
Walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Assistant I
NCESS conducts a walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Assistant-I on temporary basis.
Filling up the Post of Director, NCESS Thiruvanthapuram on deputation (including short-term contract)/absorption failing which by Direct Recruitment (on tenure) basis
Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), invites applications for the post of Director, National Centre for Earth Science Studies(NCESS) Thiruvananthapuram, an autonomous institute institution under MoES, Government of India on deputation (including short-term contract)/absorption failing which by Direct Recruitment (on tenure) basis.
Walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Assistant I and II
NCESS conducts a walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Assistant I & II for the project DECC-2 implemented by NCESS.
Expression of interest (EOI) for Senior Consultants against Advt No.NCESS/05/2016
NCESS currently seeks to engage four consultants to spearhead its key activities on disciplines like (a) palaeomagnetism, (b) rainwater harvesting, (c) landslides and soil piping and (d) Water and Environment. In this context, EOI is invited from suitable former scientists of national laboratories (Scientist-G or equivalent) to work as Senior Consultants. They are expected to have proven track record in the field of mafic dykes, near-surface processes and neo-tectonism, aquifer and groundwater management and on water and environment fields respectively.
Results for the Recruitment of Scientists against Advt.No.NCESS/06/2015
Recruitment for the Posts of Scientific-Technical and Administrative Staff against Advt.No.NCESS/01/2016
Due to server breakdown, online recruitment Portal was not working for past three days. Therefore, last date & time for submission of online application against Advt.No.NCESS/01/2016 for the Posts of Scientific-Technical and Administrative Staff has been extended to 20-06-2016 17:00 hrs.
For those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh,Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and The Union Territory of Lakshadweep, the last date and time for submission of online application has been extended to 25-06-2016 17:00 hrs.
Walk-In-Interview for the Selection of Project Assistant-II
NCESS conducts a walk-in-interview for the selection of Project Assistant-II on temporary basis for the project "Coastal zone management plan of Kerala with respect to Coastal Regulation Zone" (KSCS-29) implemented by NCESS.
Criteria Adopted for Shortlisting the Candidates for Interview (Advt.No.NCESS/06/2015 dated 28/10/2015 and Corrigendum dated 22/12/2015)
The NCESS Screening Committee has applied following procedure to shortlist candidates who had submitted online applications for the post of Scientist-B.
All incomplete and irrelevant applications were summarily rejected. Those applications, primarily qualified by fulfilling the basic criteria notified in the advertisement, were subjected to scrutiny on the basis of (a) consistent academic record and (b) number of years of experience and c) Ph.D awarded. The procedure adopted is as follows:
- In order to calculate index criteria for short listing, 80% weightage was assigned for marks pertaining to consistent academic track record from SSLC onwards.. Accordingly, weightages of 35% to Post Graduation marks, 15% to B.Sc marks, 15% to Plus2/HSE marks and 15% for SSLC marks were considered. For those who possess degree in 5 and 6-year integrated Master Programs, 50% weightage was applied to the Post Graduation marks and 15% to Plus2/HSE marks and 15% for SSLC marks.
- In case fresh candidates who have secured 75 out of 100 for the academic performance, then they were shortlisted directly for interview.
- In addition to the above, 20 marks were awarded to those candidates to whom Ph.D. degree is awarded. In other cases, 15 marks were added to candidates having >3 years experience, 10 marks to candidates having 2-3 years experience and 5 marks to those, who possess 1-2 years experience in the relevant field.
- This equation was applied to all candidates and those who have secured a cut off merit mark of 75% by considering clause 1, 2 and 3 above were shortlisted for interview.
- In the case of the SC category, the candidates who secured 67% were short listed. In the case of ST, all candidates are called for interview.
Interview of Shortlisted Candidates for the Position of Scientist-B against the Advt.No.NCESS/06/2015 dated 28/10/2015 and Corrigendum dated 22/12/2015
Following points may be noted.
- Candidates are required to reach NCESS campus at Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram by 9:00 AM on the interview date.
- Originals of Identity Proof (Aadhar/Passport/PAN/Electoral ID), Age Proof, Qualification (10th Standard onwards), Experience certificate if any, Community Certificate and any other certificate in support of age relaxation if applicable shall be brought for Verification.
- TA (second class rail fare by the shortest route) will be paid to the outstation candidates (outside Thiruvananthapuram District, Kerala)
- Candidates need to be prepared to stay back one more day, if necessary
- For stay and accomodation in Thiruvananthapuram, NCESS does not have a hostel/guest house facility. You may arrange own accomodation. Click here for details.
Interview of Shortlisted Candidates for the Position of Scientist-D against the Advt.No.NCESS/06/2015 dated 28/10/2015 and Corrigendum dated 22/12/2015
Following 19 candidates have been shortlisted for interview for the position of 'Scientist-D" against the advertisement No.NCESS/06/2015 dated 28/10/2015 and Corrigendum dated 22/12/2015. The interview for the shortlisted candidates is scheduled at 0930 hrs on Saturday 09 April 2016 at NCESS, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram. Separate call letters will be sent to the candidates shortly. For stay and accomodation in Thiruvananthapuram, NCESS does not have a hostel/guest house facility. You may arrange own accomodation. Click here for details.
Name of Candidate
Damodara Rao Valavala
Udhaba Dora G
Patnaik K.V.K.R. K
Madan Mohan Mahanty
Subha Anand S
Vimal Kumar K.G.
Corrigendum on NCESS Advertisement No. NCESS/06/2015 Dated: 28.10.2015 for the Recruitment of Scientists
Results of the Interview held on 16th and 17th December 2015 against Advertisement No. NCESS/05/2015 Dated 14/10/2015 at NCESS for selection of Project Scientists
List of Candidates selected for Interview against Advertisement No. NCESS/05/2015 Dated 14/10/2015.
Date of Interview: 16th December 2015 ; Venue: NCESS, Thiruvananthapuram
Project Scientist-B (Remote Sensing & GIS ; Coastal Oceanography ; Sedimentology & Sediment geochemistry and Physics/Fluid inclusion research)
Date of Interview: 17th December 2015 ; Venue: NCESS, Thiruvananthapuram
Project Scientist C, Project Scientist-B (Crustal Processes Research ; Gravity/Magnetic data analysis ; Mathematical modelling)
Recruitment of Scientists against Advt. No. NCESS/06/2015
Recruitment of Project Scientists against Advt. No. NCESS/05/2015
Recruitment of Junior Research Fellow
The National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS) functioning under Earth System Sciences Organization (ESSO), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India focuses on four core research areas viz. Crustal Processes, Coastal Processes, Atmospheric Processes and Natural Resources and Environmental Management. ESSO-NCESS invites applications from eligible aspirants to pursue doctoral and postdoctoral research in the frontier areas of earth system sciences.
View archived vacancies