Dr. Kumar Batuk Joshi
Scientist B, Crustal Processes (CrP)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511637
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||2015, Geology, University of Delhi|
|Thesis||:||Petrological, Geochemical and U-Pb Zircon Geochronological Studies of the Bundelkhand Granitoid Complex, Central India: Constraints on Archean Crustal Evolution.|
|M.Sc.||:||2007, Geology, University of Delhi|
|Thesis||:||Geochemistry of pegmatites from Rajgarh, Ajmer District, Rajasthan|
|Diploma||:||2008, Graduate Gemologist (G.G.), Accredited Jewelry Professional (A.J.P.), Graduate Pearls (G.P.), Gemological Institute of America.|
|2016||-||present||Scientist B, National Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2015||-||-||Visiting Researcher, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Portsmouth, UK.|
|2015||-||-||Young Scientist, Russian Foundation of Basic Research, Institute of Geology, Karelian Research Centre, Russian Academy of Science, Petrozavodsk, Russia.|
|2014||-||2016||Postdoctoral Fellow, Geoscience Division, Physical Research laboratory, Ahmedabad, India.|
|2014||-||-||Guest lecturer, Department of Geology, University of Delhi.|
|2009||-||2010||Geologist, AF Colenco, Noida, India.|
|2008||-||2009||Grader, Gemological Institute of America.|
Areas of Interests:
My own research to date has been on Archaean TTGs and high-K granitoids (including sanukitoids) and the Proterozoic reworking of these. My current focus is on understanding the when, where and how the continental crust was formed and has evolved to its present day volume, composition and architecture. Currently I am working on whole rock geochemistry and isotopes (Sr-Nd systematics) and also investigating the use accessory minerals in understanding crustal evolutionary processes using U-Pb/Hf isotopic systematics and trace elements.
- Young Scientist (2015), Russian Foundation of Basic Research, Russia.
- Secretary of “The Changing Early Earth IGCP-SIDA 599” project for India and Asia (2012-2014).
- University Grants Commission - Senior Research Fellow (SRF) at Dept. of Geology, University of Delhi (2013-2014).
- University Grants Commission - Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at Dept. of Geology, University of Delhi (2011-2013).
- Scientific short course on SIMS in the Earth sciences in the Helmholtz Zentrum, Potsdam (Germany), October 2013 (1 week).
- Summer course in the TIMS Laboratory of the National Facility for Isotope Geology and Geochronology at IIT Roorkee, May-June 2010 (1 month).
- Summer training at Gemological Institute of India (GII), June 2007 (1 month).
- Fieldwork at Central Karelia, Vodlozero terrane, Russia, June 2015 (1 week).
- Fieldwork at Inari terrain, Northern Lapland, Finland, July 2014 (15 days).
- International Geological Workshop on “Craton Formation and Destruction” in Johannesburg, South Africa, July 2013 (1 week).
- Field course on Pluton emplacement from at Finland and Sweden, August 2012 (2 weeks).
- Field Workshop in Srinagar and Ladakh Himalayas, June 2012 (10 days).
- IGCP-SIDA 599 Project Field Workshop at Mekrijärvi, Finland, Sep 2011 (1 week).
- Department of Science and Technology sponsored Field workshop at Haldwani, Nainital, Feburary 2010 (1 week).
- “Petrological, Geochemical and U-Pb Zircon Geochronological Studies of the Bundelkhand Granitoids, Central India: Constraints on Archean Crustal Evolution” at Institute of Geology, Karelian Research Centre, Petrozavodsk, Russia on 21st May 2015.
- “Broad overview of Bundelkhand Craton” at IGCP-SIDA 599 Project meeting in Brisbane Australia on 5th of Aug 2012.
- “Bundelkhand Craton and Overview” Evolving Continents-Research Community, University of Helsinki, Finland on 31st Jan 2013.
- “Characterisation of the Archean-Proterozoic Bundelkhand Granitoids, Northern Indian Shield” at IGCP-SIDA 599 Project Launch Meeting and Field Workshop at Mekrijärvi, Finland in Sep 2011.
- Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) grant “15-35-50162” in collaboration with Prof. Alexander Slabunov at Karelian Research Centre, Petrozavodsk, Russia (2015).
- Isotopic Constraints on the Evolution of Bundelkhand Granitoids, Central India with Prof. Sunil Kumar Singh at Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India (2014-2016).