Dr. D. Padmalal Ph.D.
Scientist F, Group Head, Natural Resources and Environmental Management (NREM)
Phone(Off) : 0471-2511601
Phone(Res) : 0470-2667219
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph.D||:||1993, Sedimentology and Geochemistry|
|Thesis||:||Mineralogy and Geochemistry of the Sediments of Muvattupuzha River and Central Vembanad Estuary, Kerala, India.|
|M Sc||:||1986, Marine Geology, Cochin University of Science and Technology.|
|2013||-||onwards||Scientist F, National Centre for Earth Science Studies.|
|2008||-||2013||Scientist E II, Centre for Earth Science Studies.|
- Late Quaternary coastal changes, 1997 DST Sponsored Training Programme, Andhra University, Waltair.
- Environmental Management, 1997, STEC Sponsored Training Programme, CWRDM, Neyyattinkara.
- Geological Mapping of Quaternary Formations: 1998, DST Sponsored Training Programme, GSI Training Institute at Digha, West Bengal.
- Geochemical flux and Stable isotope studies, 2004, INSA – DFG Sponsored Programme as part of INSA exchange fellowship 2004, Bremen.
Quaternary Geology and Environmental Geology.
Achievements & Awards:
- Participated in the 35th International Geological Congress held at Cape Town, South Africa from 27th August – 04th September 2016.
- Awarded Certificate of Merit (2014) by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India.
- Participated in the IPC XIII/IOPC IX 2012 Symposium held at Chuo University, Tokyo, Japan from 23rd – 30th August 2012.
- Received Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award (2011), instituted by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi.
- Member of the National Working Group for IGCP – 495 (2005).
- Received INSA- DFG Exchange of Scientists Fellowship for the year 2004-05. As part of this programme, visited Centre for Marine Tropical Ecology, University of Bremen for the ‘Study of geochemical fluxes and stable isotope estimations (N15C13) of Chaliyar and Bharathapuzha rivers, West coast of India’.
- Member of the Committee constituted by the Government of Kerala for the study of the impact and evolving remedial measures of unauthorized and indiscriminate filling and mining of paddy fields and other land (2004).
- Advisory Committee Member of the Centre for Mangrove Studies, School of Marine Sciences, CUSAT, (2001).
- Recognized research guide of University of Kerala and Cochin University of Science and Technology. Supervised and guided 3 students for PhD Degree.
- Awarded CSIR-Research Associateship in 1994.
- Qualified UGC-NET for Lectureship in 1991 and awarded CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship in 1991
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life Member of Geological Society of India.
- Life member of Indian Society of Remote sensing.
- Life member of Indian Cartographic Association.
- Life Member of Swadeshi Movement, Kerala.
- Life member of Indian Association of Sedimentologists.
- Life member of Indian Society of Applied Geochemists.
- Life member of Gondwana Geological Society.
- Member of International Association of Sedimentologist