Dr. L. Sheela Nair
Scientist E, Coastal Processes (CoP)
Phone(Off) : 0471- 2557900
Phone(Res) : 0471- 2540769
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph.D||:||2014, Coastal Engineering, IIT Madras.|
|Thesis||:||Sediment Dynamics along the Coast of Kerala, India|
|ME||:||1992, Structural Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.|
|PGDCM (Post Graduate Diploma
for Civil Engineers)
|:||1990, State Board of Technical Education, Kerala.|
|B.Tech(Civil)||:||1988, College of Engineering, Trivandrum ( Kerala University)|
- Training on ‘Satellite Oceanography’, 19th-23rd Sep, 2011, ICMAM, Chennai.
- Training on ‘oil spill Modelling’, 28th- 30th March 2011, ICMAM, Chennai
- Training workshop on ‘ wave Modelling using WAVEWATCH III & SWAN’ ,26th- 29thJan, 2010, INCOIS, Hyderabad
- Symposium on Wind-wave modelling, 12th Feb 2009, OED, IIT Madras
- Workshop on ‘Rehabilitation Measures for the Tsunami affected coasts of Tamilnadu, Kerala and Puducherry’, 4th-5th Feb, 2008 OED, IIT Madras
- Short term training on ‘ Evolutionary Computing Techniques in Water Resources Engineering’ , 25th- 27th October 2007, college of Engineering, Trivandrum.
- Application of MIKE21 for Hydrodynamic, Wave and Sediment Transport Numerical Modelling, 11th-22nd Sep, 2006,CESS
- Two day programme on ‘Steel concrete Composite Construction’, 5th-6th Nov, 2004, jointly organised by INSTRUCT Bangalore & INSDAG Kolkota
- Advance course on ‘Analysis and design of Structures for Wind and Seismic Loads’, 15th-17th Feb, 2000, SERC, Chennai
- Short term course on ‘Naval Architecture for Ship Operation and Maintenance’, 29th Nov- 3rd Dec, 1999, OEC, IIT Madras
- Training on InterGraph- Frameworks Plus, Nov 3rd-5th 1999, Rolta India at Chennai.
|2006||-||present||Scientist EII, Centre for Earth Science Studies|
|2005||-||2006||Scientist D, NIOT, Chennai|
|2001||-||2005||Scientist C, NIOT, Chennai|
|1998||-||2001||Project Engineer, NIOT, Chennai|
|1996||-||1997||Project Associate, OEC, IIT Madras|
|1993||-||1994||Senior Project Officer Gr II, Civil Dept., IIT Madras|
|1992||-||SRF, Structures Division, NAL, Bangalore|
Areas of Interests:
Coastal Geomorphology, Coastal Zone Regulation/ Management, Landuse planning, Tsunami, and Quaternary Evolution.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life Member, Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Ahmadabad (Since 1998)
Numerical Modelling, Coastal Processes, Coastal Engineering, Marine Structures, Mooring Analysis and Design
- Life Member – Indian Society of Remote Sensing.
- Life Member – Indian Society for Hydraulics.
- Member – International Association of Hydraulic Engineering and Research.
- Life Member – Ocean Society of India