Scientist G, Group Head, Coastal Processes (CoP)
Phone(Off) : 0471- 2511660
Phone(Res) : 0471- 2593879
Fax : 0471-2442280
In peer reviewed journals:
- Prakash, T.N.,Mallik, T.K. and Aby Varghese, P.(1984) Differentiation of accreted & eroded beach grain size trends- Study in Quilon district Kerala, West coast of India. Indian J. Mar. Sci., V.13, pp.202-204.
- Prakash, T.N. and Aby Varghese, P. (1987) Seasonal beach changes along Quilon district coast, Kerala. J. Geol.Soc. India, V. 29, pp. 390-398.
- Mallik, T.K.,Samsuddin, M.,Prakash, T.N. Vasudevan, V.and Terry Machado.(1987) Beach erosion and accretion- An example from Kerala, Southwest coast of India. Environ. Geol. Water Sci., V. 10(2), pp. 105-110.
- Prakash, T.N. and Prithviraj, M. (1988) A study of seasonal longshore transport direction through grain size trends: An example from Quilon coast, Kerala, India. Ocean and Shoreline Management, Elsevier Applied Science, No.11, pp.195–209.
- Prithviraj, M and Prakash, T.N. (1989) Sediment distribution and sediment transport studies of the innershelf zone off the central coast of Kerala, India. Journal of Coastal Research (CERF), USA. V.5, No.2, pp.271-280.
- Prithviraj, M and Prakash, T.N. (1989) An analysis of the fluvio-marine ineraction on the shelf sedimentation through textural studies: A case study from Trichur coast of Kerala. Proceedings volume of Recent Geoscientific studies in Arabian Sea off India. Sp. Publ. No. 24, Geol. Survey of India, pp.375.
- Prithviraj, M and Prakash, T.N. (1990) Distribution and geochemical associations of clay minerals on the innershelf of central Kerala. Marine Geology, Elsevier, V.92, p-290.
- Prakash,T.N., Raja, G.K. and Prithviraj, M. (1991) Radioelement distribution in river, beach, and offshore areas and their significance to Chavara placer deposit, southern Kerala coast of India. Geo-Marine Letter, Springier-Verlag New York Inc., V.11, pp.32-38.
- Prithviraj, M and Prakash, T.N. (1991) Surface microtextural study of detrital quartz grains of the innershelf sediments of central Kerala coast. Indian J. Mar. Sci., V.20, pp.13-16.
- Shankar, R., Thompson, R. and Prakash, T.N. (1996) Estimation of heavy and opaque mineral contents of beach and offshore placers using rock magnetic techniques. Geo- Marine Letters, V. 16, pp. 313-318.
- Prakash T. N., Kurian N. P. and Felix Jose. Beach stability in relation to nearshore wave energy distribution along Quilon coast, SW coast of India. Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, V.28, 1999, pp.233-239.
- Manjunatha, B.R., Yeats, P.A., Smith J.N., Shankar, R., Narayana, A.C. and Prakash T.N. (1998) Accumulation of heavy metals in sediments of marine environments along the SW coast of India. Proc. of Internaional Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA-SM-534/51.
- T.N.Prakash. (2000) Sediment distribution and placer mineral enrichment in the inner shelf of Quilon, SW coast of India, Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, V.29, 2000, pp.120-127.
- T.N.Prakash, K.P. Black, J. Mathew, N.P. Kurian, K.V.Thomas, T.S.Shahul Hameed, M.V.Vinod and K.Rajith., (2007) Nearshore and beach sedimentary dynamics in a placer-dominated coast, SW India. Journal of Coastal Research, CERF, V.23(6), pp.1091-1398.
- T.S.Shahul Hameed, N.P. Kurian, K.V.Thomas, K.Rajith and T.N.Prakash., (2007). Wave and current regime off the SW coast of India. Journal of Coastal Research, CERF, USA V. 23(5), V.23(5), pp.1167-1174.
- K.Rajith, N.P.Kurian, K.V.Thomas, T.N.Prakash and T.S.Shahul Hameed.,(2008). Erosion and Accretion of a Placer Mining Beach of SW Indian Coast. Marine Geodesy, Vol.31, No.2, pp.128-142.
In Proceedings of Conferences/Seminars:
- Prakash, T.N. and Suchindan, G.K. (1994) Coastal erosion studies in the Lakshadweep islands. In: Proc. volume of Indian National Conference on Harbour and Ocean Engineering (INCHOE-94), V.1, pp. D31-D41.
- Prakash, T.N. and Kurian, N.P. (1994) A conceptual model for the placer mineral concentrations at Chavara in the Quilon coast, Kerala. In: Proc. volume of Indian National Conference on Harbour and Ocean Engineering (INCHOE-94), V.1, pp. J55-J63.
- Kurian, N.P., Prakash, T.N. and Felix Jose.(1996) Hydrodynamic processes along Quilon coast. Int. Conf. in Ocean Engg. COE’96, PP.264-269.
- Kurian N. P., Prakash T. N. and Felix Jose (1997) Wave power potential of the Kanyakumari- Alappuzha sector, southwest coast of India. Proc. Second Indian National Conference on Harbour and Ocean Engineering, 1997, V.1, pp 228-233.
- Prakash T. N., Kurian N. P. and Felix Jose Heavy sand concentration in relation to hydrodynamic processes along Manavalakurichi, SW coast of India. Proc. Second Indian National Conference on Harbour and Ocean Engineering, 1997, V.2, pp 1099-1107.
- Felix Jose, Kurian N. P. and Prakash T. N. Longshore sediment transport along the southwest coast of India. Proc. Second Indian National Conference on Harbour and Ocean Engineering, 1997, V.2, pp 1047-1053.
- Prakash T. N., T.S.Shahul Hameed and G.K.Suchindan. (2001) Shoreline dynamics of selected islands of Lakshadweep Archipelago in relation to wave diffraction. Geol. Surv.Ind. Spl. Pub. No.56, 2001, pp.201-209.
- Prakash, S Chattopadhyay and A S K Nair., (2006). Impact of Tsunami on the Kerala Coast and a Rehabilitation Plan for the Worst Affected Stretch at Alappad. In: 26th December 2004 Tsunami – A Geoscientific Perspective. Etd. G.V.Rajamanickam et.al, New Academic Publishers, New Delhi., pp.139-149.
- T.N.Prakash, N.P.Kurian, K.Rajith, Abilash P. Pillai, B.T.Muralikrishnan, P.Kalaiarasan and Tiju Varghese., (2005). December 2004 Tsunami: Some Results of Field Surveys along the Kerala Coast. In: Proc. of the Workshop on Tsunami Effects and mitigation measures edited by V.Sundar, IIT Madras, Chennai, 26th December 2005. pp.
- T N Prakash, S Chattopadhyay and A S K Nair., (2005). Impact of Tsunami on the Kerala Coast and a Rehabilitation Plan for the Worst Affected Stretch at Alappad. In: 26th December 2004 Tsunami – A Geoscientific Perspective, edited by: G.V.Rajamanickam et.al, New Academic Publishers, New Delhi.
- N.P.Kurian., T.N.Prakash and Baba, M., (2007). Field observations on the Tsunami impact along the Kerala coast, Southwest India. In: the Indian Ocean Tsunami, Edsedited Tad S. Murty, U.Aswathanarayana and N.Nirupama. Taylor and Francis Group, London, UK., pp. 323-337.
Technical Reports/Project Reports/Memoirs:
- Sedimentological studies of the innershelf of Varkala-Purakkad coast in south Kerala with implication on placer concentration. Technical Report of CESS, 1994, 50p (T.N.Prakash).
- Studies on coastal erosion, sediment movement and bathymetry in selected islands of the UT of Lakshadweep. Final report submitted to Department of Science & Technology, Union Terriotory of Lakshadweep, 1993. (G.K.Suchindan, T.N.Prakash and M.Prithviraj)
- Placer mineral transport and concentration along South-West coast of India. Final report submitted to Department of Science & Technology, Government of India., 1997 (Kurian, N.P., Prakash, T.N. and Felix Jose)
- Heavy mineral budgeting and management at Chavara, 2002. Final report submitted to Indian Rare Earths Ltd., Chavara, Vol. I & II, pp.1-508.
- Developing a management plan for Ashtamudi estuary, Kollam, India, 2001, Technical Memoir, edited by Kerry Black and M.Baba. Sections a) Geology and Sediment Characteristics by T.N.Prakash, M.N.M.Nair,N.P.Kurian and M.V.Vindod, pp.363-431.b) Bathymetry of Ashtamudi estuary. By N.P.Kurian, Joseph Mathew, C.M.Harish, T.S.Shahul Hameed and T.N.Prakash. and c)Hydrography and sediment chemistry of the Asthamudi estuary by M.N.M.Nair, T.N.Prakash, N.P.Kurian and K.Rajith.
- G.R.Ravindrakumar, C.P.Rajendran and T.N.Prakash. Charnockite-Knondalite belt and Tertiary-Quaternary sequence of southern Kerala. Field Guide published Journal Geological Society of India, 1990, 116p.
- T.N.Prakash, Narayanaswamy and D.S.Suresh Babu. Field Trip Guide. International Workshop (IGCP-514) on Fluvial and Marine Processes of Cenozoic and Formation of Placers. Centre for Earth Science Studies, November 1-10, 2007. pp.101-113.