Dr. K. Maya Ph.D.
Scientist E, , Natural Resources and Environmental Management (NREM)
Phone(Off) : 0471- 2511604
Phone(Res) : 0471- 2590280
Fax : 0471-2442280
|Ph. D.||:||2006, Sedimentology and Geochemistry|
|Thesis||:||Studies on the nature and chemistry of sediments and water of Periyar and Chalakudy rivers, Kerala,India. (Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi).|
|M.Sc.||:||1991, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Geology|
|2011||-||present||Scientist E, National Centre for Earth Science Studies.|
Environmental Geology, Sedimentology and Geochemistry.
- Attended five-day training course on “Aquifer management and local ground water issues in Kerala” held at CGWB, Thiruvananthapuram (2013).
- Attended the “Career advancement programme for scientists” held at Sastra Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram (2010).
- Attended the National seminar on “Career in science for woman, challenges and opportunities” held at Sastra Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram (2009).
- Attended the one day workshop on ‘Land use policy’ organized by the Institute of Land Management and Desaster Management. 22nd February, 2007.
- Attended a workshop on ‘Energy production from biomass’ at Kanakakkunnu Palace held on 29th June, 2000.
- Attended a training programme on ‘Environmental management’held at CWRDM, sub-centre, Neyyattinkara (1997).
- Research guide of University of Kerala
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Life member of Indian Society of Remote sensing.
- Life member of Indian Society of Applied Geochemists.
- Life member of Geological Society of India.
- Life member of Gondwana Geological Society.
- Member of International Association of Sedimentologist
Projects completed as PI
- Study on the environmental effects of mining and quarrying in the Periyar river basin, Central Kerala. National Centre for Earth Science Studies.
- Environmental degradation of Muvattupuzha river basin- causes, consequences and strategies for river restoration. CESS Technical Report.
- Report on brick clay mining and wire-cut brick making in Vellarappilly area, Aluva taluk, Ernakulam district. Report submitted to Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment.
- Rapid environmental impact assessment of soil quarrying – A case of Suncon-Soma soil quarry at Thirumarayur, Edakkattuvayal Grama Panchayat, Ernakulam district. Submitted to the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala.
- Occurrence and mining of limeshell resources of Vembanad lake, Kerala. Sponsored by CESS.
- Morphometric and geomorphic aspects of Chalakkudy River Basin, Kerala. Sponsored by CESS.